PLAY MAKER AWARD
The PlayMaker Award is a great introduction into leadership for pupils in Year 5 and 6
The Playmaker Award is a nationally recognised Sports Leaders UK award. Pupils are provided with basic leadership skills that will allow them to boost their confidence, improve attainment and help promote healthy lifestyles.
The award is a great development programme for increasing confidence in young learners and giving them vital skills to help future development and transition into secondary school.
The aims of the award are to help learners develop leadership skills such as organisation, communication and teamwork, as well as helping to build confidence and self-esteem as they take on the responsibility of assisting in leading their peers and younger children.
Once the course has been completed the pupils will have developed skills to set up activities and gained increased confidence when assisting in leading small groups of other children when working with an adult.
The Playmaker award is perfect training to support the creation of a sustainable lunch time and breaktime activities programme.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE AWARD?
- Participants will focus on the four core areas of leadership – Participants, Area, Communication and Equipment.
- Includes access to comprehensive resources which are easy to use.
- Leadership challenges give ideas on how PlayMakers can put their basic leadership skills into practice after the course.
- Additional recognition of achievement through Bronze, Silver, Gold and Outstanding Achievement certificates.
- Supports Key Stage 2 curriculum for English, physical education, PSHE and citizenship.
- Certificates will be awarded once learners have completed the core elements of the PlayMaker Award.